Edge count and Reverse Edge count does not match

Edges:

DIRECTED EDGE e1(FROM v1, TO v2, attr1 DATETIME, attr2 DATETIME)
    WITH REVERSE_EDGE="e1_r"
DIRECTED EDGE e1_r(FROM v2, TO v1, attr1 DATETIME, attr2 DATETIME)
    WITH REVERSE_EDGE="e1"

Initial Counts:
e1 : 0
e1_r : 0

Load edge e1 line of code in load job:

LOAD f TO EDGE e1 VALUES(gsql_trim(gsql_lower($"attr_v1")), $"attr_v2", $"attr1", $"attr2")
USING SEPARATOR=",", HEADER="true", EOL="\n", QUOTE="double", VertexMustExist="true"

Final Counts:
e1 : 0
e1_r : 504002 (number of records loaded)

Note: Counts were retrieved using https://docs.tigergraph.com/dev/restpp-api/built-in-endpoints#stat_edge_number

I have been using stat_edge_number for a while now and count for edge and reverse edge has always matched but for this specific case, it does not match. Why would that be?

I even tried:

CREATE QUERY temp() FOR GRAPH g1 { 
    SumAccum<INT> @@count;
    VER_V1 = {v1.*};
    X = SELECT s FROM VER_V1:s -(e1:e)-> ACCUM @@count += 1; 
    PRINT @@count;
}

Output:

[
  {
    "@@count": 504002
  }
]

Hmm not sure what changed. We had data loaded 2 days ago, the day we loaded data e1 count was 0. I also checked yesterday, it was 0 but today e1 count is 504002. What would cause that delay?

Hi,

As far as I know, due to the distributed nature of the database, this kind of statistical information is not immediately updated. How long after the load did you check the counts?

Szilard

I checked immediately after the load then rechecked again after an hour or so. Also checked the next day, count was still 0. However, one the 3rd day, I was able to get the actual count.