Schema-less query to delete "set" of vertices and edges

Is there a way to write a schema-less query (so that the modification is done in one transaction) for a “set” (i.e., group, collection) of vertices and edges?

E.g., to delete one set of vertices it is trivial:

CREATE QUERY deleteVertices(STRING vType, SET<STRING> vertices) FOR GRAPH TestHierarchicalData2 {
  SetAccum<VERTEX> @@set;
  @@set += to_vertex_set(vertices, vType);
  Start = @@set;

Result = SELECT s FROM Start:s POST-ACCUM DELETE (s);
  PRINT Result;
}

How to generalize the parameters to delete arbitrary number of sets of vertices (each of different type)? How to parameterize the edges?

To succinctly explain the feature I need, it would be a delete version of the built-in upsert capability: https://docs.tigergraph.com/dev/restpp-api/built-in-endpoints#upsert-data-to-graph

Sorry for the late reply,

Here is a query which can delete up to 3 kinds of vertices and edges in one call. This can be expanded upon to delete graph components in even larger batches.

CREATE QUERY deletion(STRING vType1, STRING vType2, STRING vType3, STRING eType1, STRING eType2, STRING eType3) FOR GRAPH TestHierarchicalData2 { 
  // VERTEX DELETION
  IF vType1 != "" THEN
    start1 = {vType1.*};
    del = SELECT s FROM start1:s POST-ACCUM DELETE (s);
  END;

IF vType2 != "" THEN
    start2 = {vType2.*};
    del = SELECT s FROM start2:s POST-ACCUM DELETE (s);
  END;

IF vType3 != "" THEN
    start3 = {vType3.*};
    del = SELECT s FROM start3:s POST-ACCUM DELETE (s);
  END;

// EDGE DELETION
  start4 = {ANY};
  del = SELECT s FROM start4:s - (:e) - :t WHERE e.type == eType1 or e.type == eType2 or e.type == eType3 ACCUM DELETE (e);
}

Note that unused vertex/edge names can be left blank and nothing will be affected.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve been looking into this a bit more… is there a way in a query to delete one specific edge? Not one type of edge but one edge exactly. For example, query parameters specify source vertex, edge type, and target vertex. The query would delete that one edge.

CREATE QUERY deleteSingleEdge(VERTEX sourceVertex, VERTEX targetVertex, STRING edgeType) FOR GRAPH TestHierarchicalData2 { 
  start = {sourceVertex};
  del = SELECT s FROM start:s - (:e) - :t 
                 WHERE t == targetVertex and e.type == edgeType 
                 ACCUM DELETE (e);
}